Acting on behalf of Henry Davidson Developments, a wholly owned subsidiary of Development Securities PLC, Alder King has secured The Southern Co-Operative as the scheme’s anchor tenant. Other new tenants include Barnardo’s Charity and an independent fast food operator.
With high levels of interest in the other units, construction of the new centre is due to commence in late May 2012 with completion scheduled for spring 2013. The scheme also includes 16 apartments above the retail units and 33 dedicated car parking spaces. It will provide a valuable community focus for the 1,400 new homes and primary school in Stockmoor Village
The four available units provide between 1,000 and 2,000 sq ft of space and are ideally suited to retailers, takeaway/restaurants and community service operators.
Douglas Paull of Alder King comments: “‘With funding now in place, this exciting new development can get underway. Demand has been very strong from national and regional occupiers seeking good quality space with a ready market on the doorstep and with three tenants now in place, we expect interest to continue.”
Latest Bristol news articles
- SpiderGroup spins off to new office at Whitefriars
- Imbalance between supply and demand sees return of pre-lets and pre-sales
- New investment at Caxton Business Park
- Fulton Boiler Works relocates to Fishponds after 26 years at Brislington, Bristol
- New lease of life for former Chep premises in Avonmouth