We advise Local Authorities, regional and national development agencies, charitable trusts, educational institutions, health authorities, private landowners, developers, and property investors.
We have a specialist team of 12 individuals focused solely on development and regeneration, augmented by expertise based in each of our seven regional offices. Our services include:
- Assessment of development potential
- Development appraisal and viability analysis
- Development consultancy and strategy advice
- Expertise in ‘Option Agreements’, conditional contracts, development agreements/partnerships and Joint Ventures.
- Site disposal and acquisition advice
- Advice in relation to EU regulated disposals/procurement
- Land assembly
- Ransom negotiations
- Compulsory purchase
- Viability in planning
We liaise closely with our Planning team and where appropriate Project Management and Building Consultancy teams to provide pre and post development advice.
Examples of current projects include:
- Acting for Taunton Deane Borough Council, together with Somerset County Council and the South West Regional Development Agency in Taunton on a major town centre, mixed use, regeneration project at Firepool, comprising c.1M sq ft of employment, residential, retail and leisure to procure a development partner under EU regulations.
- In Weston super Mare we advised Persimmon Homes on the acquisition of 400 acres of former airfield and subsequently the management of existing income and the emergence of a major mix use scheme.
- Acquisition for the University of the West of England of 70 acres of development land from Hewlett Packard to consolidate and extend and develop their main campus.
- Principle and sole development consultants and agent on c.1M sq ft (£300M) of mixed use development at Temple Quay, Bristol. The project is now reaching its final phases and is regarded as one of the most successful regeneration projects in the UK.
For further information contact:
Chris Haworth, Partner, on 0117 317 1042, firstname.lastname@example.org
Charles Russell-Smith, Partner, on 0117 317 1043, email@example.com
Tim Heal, Partner, on 01452 627128, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ralph Collison, Partner, on 01392 353091, email@example.com
Peter Barefoot, Partner, on 01793 428100, firstname.lastname@example.org