Chartered Building Surveyor, Exeter
About the Role
Our people at Alder King work directly with clients to help them shape and realise business objectives.
We hire the most talented people, supporting them to grow and thrive professionally. You are empowered to develop your career with us by working directly with clients on projects, developing deep knowledge in key areas and evolving your professional skills and experience.
This is a new and exciting opportunity to join a busy Building Consultancy Surveyor team based in Exeter. You will be working alongside highly experienced Building Consultancy Surveyors undertaking a varied workload.
With a varied work profile you will have the opportunity to take on building surveying and project management work; development monitoring of third party development works; surveys – commercial buildings and dilapidation works.
Although most projects are local to the Exeter region, there will be opportunities to work on larger national projects.
- Provide expertise and advice, to clients, on all aspects of Building Consultancy, as required
- Prepare specifications of repair and refurbishment, coordinate and manage works on site
- Provide Project Management and Project Monitoring advice and services to clients
- Prepare and/or negotiate Schedules of Dilapidations
- Undertake survey work including Pre acquisition, Exit and Maintenance Surveys
- Provide and negotiate fee proposals
- Take responsibility for the delivery of work in a timely manner in line with client’s reasonable expectations
- Represent Alder King at networking events to enhance and promote your own and Alder King’s reputation.
- Nurture, grow and maintain existing internal and external client relationships
- Use your network to leverage opportunities to further business development and generate growth
- Proactively work with internal departments to cross-sell services to support clients and enhance revenue streams
We’re looking for someone who has/is:
- The RICS qualification
- Ability to engage professionally with business people and deliver excellent client care
- A flexible working style and can adapt to different client and business requirements
- Ability to prioritise and adjust to changes as required
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills with proven experience in influencing and negotiating with clients and third parties
- A self-starter with experience working using your own initiative
Reasons to Apply
- Our collaborative and supportive culture with enable you to develop your career with us and thrive
- You will have direct client contact and can manage your caseload to suit your and our client’s priorities
- Professional networks are key and we will provide opportunities for you to expand your current networks
- We want you to have a sense of belonging to Alder King, and we have an active social calendar which encourages socialising with and getting to know other teams
We reward our staff with a varied package of benefits including:
- A competitive salary
- A rewarding bonus scheme, enabling you to share in our financial success
- A contributory company pension scheme
- Minimum 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, each year, increasing with length of service
- Paid half-day volunteer day each year
- Other benefits including holiday purchase scheme and cycle to work scheme
Working Hours/Flexible Working Opportunity
Our core working hours are 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday, with an hour for lunch. This role is based in our Exeter office and requires a minimum 60% office attendance.
Interested? Why not give us a try!
If you are a talented individual looking to develop your career with us we’d like to hear from you.
Please send us a copy of your CV to Careers@alderking.com