Head of Management Services
PURPOSE OF ROLE
This is a key role requiring a high level of contribution to the Firm in terms of business growth, business development and leadership.
Leading the Management Services (MS) teams you are responsible for ensuring optimum productivity and client care standards are achieved. Strong working relationships are key to this role, and you will ensure, both internally and with third party relationships, are built upon and maintained in order to support ongoing profitability.
Additionally, you will lead by example and encourage team members to continuously develop their knowledge and you will proactively seek to de-risk service provision by having the right skills and knowledge at the right levels in both teams.
- Contribute to and take responsibility for an annual business plan for the Management Services team which scopes fee income, new business opportunities and costs related to the teams.
- Manage MS, ensuring their sufficient resourcing to adequately service the work to the required standards.
- Continually review processes and procedures within each team to ensure slick and joined up working processes. Where appropriate consider the introduction of automation to deliver added value service to clients and therefore ROI.
- Continually review SLAs to ensure they are current and reasonable in meeting clients’ needs. Use market / competitor intelligence to ensure our SLAs are at the forefront of deliverance of standards.
- Generate sound business ideas which will support the evolution of Alder King and it’s continued successes in MS and across the business generally.
- Have a sound understanding of finances within MS, and regularly review team costs to budget and report on deviation to SMB.
- Contribute to the team’s annual salary processes and ensure equity and parity across the team’s salary profile. In addition, salary budgeting must ensure acceptable returns whilst acknowledging the firm’s position during the annual review process.
- Via the business planning process, review annual performance targets and propose realistic targets which support the achievement of sustainable profit levels.
- Drive own productivity and that of your team and support them to maximise their team’s productivity. MS should be adequately resourced at all times and to achieve maximum productivity team structures should cost efficient hierarchy.
- Develop team members to maximise their full potential and contribution to the firm. If appropriate, work with team members and other supporting departments to put progressive succession planning in place.
- Undertake annual career development reviews (CDRs) with your team members and ensure that the broader team members receive annual CDRs. As appropriate, champion team members development and knowledge growth.
- Ensure MS have access to training and qualifications which ensures their compliance and ongoing certification to their professional qualification. Encourage greater peer knowledge sharing within the office environment.
- Proactively drive forward BD activities in the MS team, ensuring opportunities are followed up in a timely manner.
- Seek out and attend networking events relevant to business type and proactively expand networking group to attract, nurture and maintain client relationships. Encourage and coach junior resource to develop their skills in this area.
- Be an expert in converting business development opportunities into fees.
- Be aware of relevant market and competitor activities using this knowledge and insight to gain an edge within our market.
- Actively follow-up on internal referral work and seek opportunities to cross sell disciplines to clients.
- Ensure full compliance with Compliance requests, processes and procedures as appropriate, reporting any breaches to our Compliance Officer.
- Ensure MS are fully conversant with compliance based knowledge and where gaps are identified, support and encourage knowledge growth in these areas.
- Ensure full compliance with health and safety legislation and Firm processes at all times.
- Uphold the Firm’s values at all times during both internal and external dealings.
- Proactively seek out and attend relevant networking events in order to nurture and grow the Firm’s client contacts with the view to generating growth.
- Consistently produce high quality work which, at a minimum, meets client’s expectations. In addition, work collaboratively with third parties as appropriate to ensure you exceed client requirements.
- Willingly share relevant and appropriate knowledge with colleagues and support their development as required.
QUALITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Hold RICS qualification and be operating at director or Partner level within current organisation.
- Have current budgeting and some business planning experience. You must have a reasonably good understanding what constitutes a profitable business.
- Be fluent with all Microsoft packages and relevant to the role IT packages. Be accustomed to working with third party platforms such as SafeContractor.
- Have a highly motivated commercial approach, with current experience of leading a team and be a self-starter working on your own initiative.
- Have strong research, analytical skills and reporting skills.
- Be resilient to work under pressure; have excellent prioritisation, time management, negotiation and organisation skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Possess excellent communication and inter-personal skills and, deliver information clearly and succinctly.
- Be proactive and receptive to change, hold a positive ‘can do’ attitude and uphold the highest level of professionalism at all times.
- Hold a clean driving licence.
The role will be based within the Bristol office. However, due to the nature of our business you may be required to work in other offices from time to time.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are a talented individual looking to develop your career with us we’d like to hear from you.
Please send us a copy of your CV to Careers@alderking.com