Land Agent, Bristol
Our energy team has an exciting new opening for a land agent. This is a great opportunity for the right person to develop, or continue developing, a rewarding career in the property industry.
About the Role
We act for a number of leading developers in the energy sector across a range of technologies including large-scale solar, battery, EV charging networks and other future emerging technologies.
We’re now looking for someone with an interest in land, property and development to join our team and help acquire freehold and leasehold land as well as investment land for energy projects. You’ll be involved in projects right the way through the acquisition process, from initial landowner engagement to land acquisition and agreement of legal contracts.
Depending on the level of your experience and how you develop in the role, you will also get involved with professional landowner work, acting for landowners and agreeing terms with energy developers.
Through the course of your work, you’ll become familiar with GIS mapping data techniques using Google Earth and property data and intelligence platforms such as Nimbus Maps and Land Registry. You’ll also have the opportunity to build your own landowner network as well as a professional network of surveyors and solicitors who specialise in energy, land and development.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- A personable self-starter with good communication skills and the confidence to engage and build relationships with landowners
- Has an interest in land, property and development, and an awareness of rural affairs and renewable energy
- A tenacious facilitator, negotiator and problem solver – someone with a real ability to influence and shape opinion
- Sound organisational skills and an eye for detail
Reasons to apply
Developing your career at Alder King provides a unique blend of professional opportunities:
- This role offers great potential for career development, with the option to qualify as a chartered surveyor through the RICS. It will also provide an excellent grounding in agency skills.
- Alder King is well-established and successful, meaning you can feel secure and confident about your future.
- We punch well above our weight when it comes to the clients we represent. Which means you’ll get to work with some of the UK’s leading energy companies, land agents and their professional advisers. You’ll also get to develop and enhance your professional skills and expand your professional networks.
- We’re growing, but we’re not so big that you’re just a number. Alder King has a family feel and the culture is friendly and collaborative.
- We enjoy a varied social life, ensuring that our working life is, well, not just work!
- Our head office is in a very desirable location, close to all the cafes, restaurants and other amenities of Clifton Village, the Triangle and Whiteladies Road.
We reward our staff with a varied package of benefits including:
- A competitive salary
- A performance-led bonus scheme, enabling you to share in our financial success
- A contributory company pension scheme
- Minimum 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, each year, increasing with length of service
- Paid half-day volunteer day each year
- Other benefits including holiday purchase scheme and cycle to work scheme
Interested? Why not give us a try
- If you would like to discuss the opportunity first, feel free to pick up the phone to Simon Smith in our energy team.
- To apply, please email your CV to our HR manager Shirley Heavens
Start date – as soon as possible
Alder King is an equal opportunities employer.