Senior Planner, Bristol
PURPOSE OF ROLE
As a Senior Planner this is key role will support, and mentor the junior planners as well as supporting the Partners with the larger transactions, the team and service client work.
The team provides a full spectrum of planning services to both private and public sector clients independently and collaboratively with Alder King Property Consultants. Your expertise will be channelled into a range of sectors including residential, commercial, retail, mixed use regeneration, energy, community and leisure.
- Supporting senior team fee earners in the delivery of a wide range of projects.
- Preparing and submitting planning applications, appeals and pre-application enquiries.
- Conducting research and undertaking planning appraisals to establish the development potential of sites.
- Writing high quality reports, interpreting data and making clear recommendations.
- Preparing representations to emerging planning policy and local plans.
- Liaise and negotiate with planning officers and other relevant bodies.
- Communicate effectively with clients and fellow professionals.
- Attend external events to create new business contacts.
- Uphold the Firm’s values at all times during both internal and external dealings.
- Proactively seek out and attend relevant networking events in order to nurture and grow the Firm’s client contacts with the view to generating growth.
- Consistently produce high quality work which, at a minimum, meets client’s expectations. In addition, work collaboratively with third parties as appropriate to ensure you exceed client requirements.
- Willingly share relevant and appropriate knowledge with colleagues and support their development as required.
QUALITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Be qualified to MRTPI with 2-5 years’ post-qualification experience either within the private or public sector.
- Process a passion and sound understanding of planning, development and environmental issues.
- Have a good working knowledge of the UK planning system.
- Be positive and have a can-do attitude. You should be resilient, organised, proactive and have hardworking.
- Have demonstrable experience of the planning process including the preparation and submission of applications and appeals.
- Have excellent report writing skills and experience of delivering recommendations on a range of planning applications.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and able to articulate challenging concepts in an ‘easy-to-understand’ way.
The role will be based within the Bristol office. However, due to the nature of our business, you may be required to work in other offices from time to time
To apply, please email your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com.