PURPOSE OF ROLE
To act as a Graduate Planner within the Planning Department based at Alder King’s Head Office in Bristol.
Our planning team has seen significant growth and is now one of the biggest planning teams in Bristol. The team provide a full spectrum of planning services to both private and public sector clients independently and collaboratively with Alder King Property Consultants.
We are involved in some of the most exciting projects across the UK working in a range of sectors including residential, commercial, retail, mixed use regeneration, energy, community and leisure.
- Supporting the team in the delivery of a wide range of projects assisting with advice, planning applications and appeals
- Researching and analysing planning policy
- Preparing Planning Appraisals / Strategy Reports
- Preparing and submitting applications on the Planning Portal
- Monitoring and negotiating applications post submission and attendance at meetings
- Preparing Planning Appeals
- Preparing representations to emerging planning policy and local plans.
- Uphold the Firm’s values at all times during both internal and external dealings.
- Proactively seek out and attend relevant networking events in order to nurture and grow the Firm’s client contacts with the view to generating growth.
- Consistently produce high quality work which, at a minimum, meets client’s expectations. In addition, work collaboratively with third parties as appropriate to ensure you exceed client requirements.
- Willingly share relevant and appropriate knowledge with colleagues and support their development as required.
QUALITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree or higher in relevant subject.
- Understanding of the UK planning system
- Fluent with all Microsoft packages and relevant to the role IT packages.
- A highly motivated commercial approach, with ability to work as part of a team and be a self-starter working on your own initiative.
- Have strong research, analytical skills and reporting skills.
- Have resilience to work under pressure; have excellent prioritisation, time management, negotiation and organisation skills and attention to detail.
- Possess excellent communication and inter-personal skills and, deliver information clearly and succinctly.
- Be proactive and receptive to change, hold a positive ‘can do’ attitude and always uphold the highest level of professionalism.
The role will be based within the Bristol office. However, due to the nature of our business you may be required to work in other offices from time to time.
If you are a talented individual looking to develop your career with us we’d like to hear from you.
Please send us a copy of your CV to Careers@alderking.com