EE UK Switching Centres Portfolio
- Client: EE
- Services Provided:
- Property Management • Business Rates • Building Consultancy • Lease Advisory • Valuation
EE Ltd (formerly Everything Everywhere) was created in 2010 from the merger of the Orange and T-Mobile telecoms companies to become the UK’s largest mobile network operator. The business was subsequently acquired by BT Group in February 2016 and continues to trade as a wholly owned subsidiary.
Alder King has provided estates management consultancy to the company’s UK network buildings portfolio since 2001, and provides the following services:
- Acquisition and disposal
- Estate management advice in relation to lease obligations, alterations, and alienation
- Property terrier and lease event management
- Lease advisory
- Business rates consultancy
- Dilapidations and reinstatement
In 2006 Alder King was also appointed to provide business rates consultancy in respect of the UK telecoms mast network which now comprises some 15,000 sites.
Since 2015 Alder King has been responsible for the disposal of surplus switch sites, which has involved freehold sales, assignment and underletting of leasehold sites, and reinstatement and surrender of short leasehold interests. The disposals are often complex due to the extent of technical fit-out and the need to retain telecoms towers in strategic locations.