Planning Appeal & Expert Witness Services
We have a long-established track record of delivering successful appeal outcomes for clients through advising on procedural issues, tactics and timescales, and preparing, co-ordinating and submitting evidence relevant to the conduct of an appeal. Our work also includes the procurement and management of technical evidence from other consultants, with the aim of maximising the prospects of a successful outcome.
Our experts work across our full breadth of sectors and have a detailed knowledge of relevant appeal procedures and protocols, whether an appeal is proceeding by way of written representations, a hearing, or by inquiry.
We pride ourselves on our independent, comprehensive professional advice and advise our clients at the outset on a suitable planning strategy and the merit (or not) of pursuing an appeal. This may mean that, for example, we recommend pursuing a revised application, rather than lodging an appeal, if we believe this will best meet client aspirations.
Our planning appeal and expert witness services include:
- Reviewing planning decisions and advising on appeal strategy and prospects for success
- Preparation of appeal statements
- Managing professional teams, including the co-ordination of appeal evidence
- Preparation of proofs of evidence
- Providing expert witness evidence at inquiries
- Liaison with and instruction of Counsel
- Preparing Statements of Common Ground and associated negotiation with LPAs
- Advising on appeal costs matters and preparing applications for an award of costs
- Acting on behalf of LPAs