The preparation of a planning appraisal is often the starting point of many projects to establish their planning potential.
The planning system has recently undergone significant changes, with the introduction of new national planning policy guidance in 2019. New policy is continuously being prepared by each Local Planning Authority, and each Authority is at a different stage. That means that understanding how policy affects development is often complicated and requires professional advice.
We’re here to assist by providing clear strategy advice on what planning policies are relevant and how they affect your property or development aspirations. Our planning appraisal service is tailored to suit your requirements: appraisals can be prepared to simply address specific planning queries or cover all planning matters.
Appraisals can include:
- Identification of key planning policies and strategy advice relevant to your site or proposal
- Planning history review for sites to establish lawful use
- Single site assessments to identify planning opportunities and constraints
- Multi-site appraisals to consider a range of sites, eg portfolios
- Due diligence reports prior to purchase
- Marketing appraisals to promote sites