Supporting our learning environments
We have a long and impressive track record in the education sector, advising independent and state schools, colleges and universities; ranging from the management of existing estate portfolios to the delivery of major new academic, residential and sport developments. From primary schools to colleges, we assist education providers deliver buildings to meet their ever-changing education needs.
We advise on education developments of all types and sizes, including state and private schools, bespoke education provision for those in society with specialist education needs, and higher and further education institutions.
Working closely with estates directors and their teams, we provide strategic advice across the development sector including:
- advising on the structure and condition of their buildings and estates
- securing planning permission (and other forms of consent) for new development
- estate valuations, site acquisition and disposal services
- a range of specialist services to leading players in the student accommodation market
The planning and development risks associated with education projects are as high as ever. A very competitive market, combined with a requirement for high quality facilities, means that the successful delivery of projects can inevitably result in, for example, the need for high density and new buildings in sensitive settings.
Based on our longstanding and demonstrable track record, our team has the necessary skills and experience to successfully overcome the various challenges that can be faced by the education sector throughout the planning and development process and beyond.
When required, we also provide specialist expertise such as one-off and regular estate valuations, site acquisition and disposal services, and planning advice to deliver new state of the art learning environments.
Our education clients include:
- Aberystwyth University
- Bolitho School, Penzance
- Bridgwater Academy
- Bristol Cathedral Choir School
- Bristol Grammar School
- Cathedral School, Cardiff
- Cirencester College
- City of Bristol College
- Hartpury College, Gloucester
- Falmouth School
- Falmouth University
- Montpelier High School, Bristol
- Newquay Tretherras School
- Somerset County Council (Building Schools for the Future)
- St Michael’s Catholic Small School, Truro
- St Mary’s School, Calne
- Trinity College
- Kings College, Taunton
- University of Bristol
- University of Exeter
- University of South Wales
- University of the West of England
- University of Winchester
- Venturers Trust
- Wells School
- Woodard Schools