Facilities Manager, Bristol
We’re looking for an ambitious, confident and diplomatic facilities manager with a strong work ethic to join our successful FM team. You’ll be responsible for the operational management of FM services across a diverse range of commercial property. You’ll also have the opportunity to influence how we provide our services, helping to shape and cultivate the processes and procedures we use. In time the right candidate may also have the opportunity to grow the role by taking on additional responsibilities.
About the Role
Alder King is a major provider of property and facility management services, with an outstanding track record in the management of all types of commercial property, including shopping centres, business parks and complex mixed-use city centre developments.
Our FM team provides best in class solutions to the daily challenges of property facilities management, helping deliver operational efficiencies while simultaneously enhancing property values. We offer a comprehensive range of specialist FM services, focusing on the procurement and management of premises support services, auditing of facilities management contracts and ensuring statutory compliance.
Working in this key role, you’ll be responsible for the operational management of FM services across a diverse range of commercial property. Working on behalf of a range of clients you will deliver high level services meeting KPI and SLA targets on a regional and national basis.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- ensuring best practices are followed for maximum efficiency across a diverse portfolio of client properties
- management of premises support services within the managed portfolio
- direct, plan and coordinate essential services eg grounds maintenance, reception, security, cleaning, building fabric maintenance, MEP maintenance
- procurement including preparation of tender documents and specifications
- ensure buildings comply with current legislation and industry standards
- monitoring and achieving agreed SLA and leading on improvements
- liaison with occupiers and clients on the managed portfolio
- attending properties as required – so a clean current driving licence will be required
- re-tendering service contracts/obtaining quotes for planned or reactive works
We’re looking for someone who has:
- a broad range of FM experience, preferably in the commercial managing agent environment
- strong knowledge of health & safety legislation, environmental protection requirements and ideally IOSH qualified
- operational at Level 4 and above on the IWFM Professional Standards framework
- familiar with commercial property service charges, outsourced contract management and ideally accountancy/invoicing and financial reporting
- a strong work ethic and is capable of nurturing strong relationships with clients, tenants, suppliers and colleagues
- technical competency if not technically qualified
Reasons to apply
- We’re well-established and successful, meaning you can feel secure and confident about your future.
- Alder King punches well above its weight when it comes to the clients we represent. This means you’ll get to work with some of the UK’s leading companies. You’ll develop your professional skills and expand your professional networks.
- We’re growing, but we’re not so big that you’re just a number. Alder King has a family feel and the culture is friendly and collaborative.
- We enjoy a varied social life, ensuring that our working life is, well, not just work!
- Our head office is in a very desirable location, close to all the cafes, restaurants and other amenities of Clifton Village, the Triangle and Whiteladies Road.
- There’s the opportunity to shape and develop the role, for example by supporting our head of FM in providing expert advice to clients outside the managed portfolio.
We reward our staff with a varied package of benefits including:
- A competitive salary
- A satisfying bonus scheme, enabling you to share in our financial success
- Payment of professional subscriptions
- A contributory company pension scheme
- Minimum 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, each year, increasing with length of service
- Paid half-day volunteer day each year
- Other benefits including holiday purchase scheme and cycle to work scheme
Interested? Why not give us a try
If you are interested, please send your CV to Shirley Heavens, our HR manager.