Principal Planner, Bristol
We’re looking for a principal planner to join our growing planning team.
About the Role
If you’re a planner with some solid experience behind you but you’re considering your next career move, then this role might be just the right fit for you. We’re looking for a principal planner to help deliver on some of the most exciting projects across the UK in sectors including residential, commercial, retail, mixed use regeneration, energy, healthcare and leisure.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- supporting our senior fee earners in the delivery of a wide range of projects
- managing and overseeing planning applications and appeals, ensuring delivery is achieved to client requirements
- writing high quality reports, interpreting data and making clear recommendations
- attending external events to create new business contacts and identify business development opportunities
- mentoring and guiding junior/graduate planning colleagues
We’re looking for someone with:
- at least five years’ experience in the private or public sector post- RTPI qualification
- a passion for planning, development and environmental issues
- very good understanding of the UK planning system
- a positive, hard-working attitude
- excellent communication, negotiation and inter-personal skills
- strong verbal and report writing skills
- a team player who enjoys responsibility
- computer literate
Reasons to apply
- Alder King punches well above its weight when it comes to the clients we represent. This means you’ll get to work with some of the UK’s leading companies. You’ll develop your professional skills and expand your professional networks.
- We’re growing, but we’re not so big that you’re just a number. Alder King has a family feel and the culture is friendly and collaborative.
- We enjoy a varied social life, ensuring that our working life is, well, not just work!
- You’ll be given mentoring and training support via a designated buddy.
- Our Bristol head office is in a very desirable location, close to all the cafes, restaurants and other amenities of Clifton Village, the Triangle and Whiteladies Road.
We reward our staff with a varied package of benefits including:
- A competitive salary
- A satisfying bonus scheme, enabling you to share in our financial success
- A contributory company pension scheme
- Minimum 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, each year, increasing with length of service
- Paid half-day volunteer day each year
- Other benefits including holiday purchase scheme and cycle to work scheme
Interested? Why not give us a try
If you’d like to discuss the opportunity first, feel free to pick up the phone to Tristan Hutton on 07770 703775 – or send him an email to email@example.com
To apply, please email your CV to our HR manager Shirley Heavens.