Why we need to collect and store personal data
In order for Alder King to understand your needs and better provide commercial property and planning services and advice, we may need to collect personal data for correspondence and detailed service provision purposes. We are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and its use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
Contact for marketing purposes will only be made following receipt of your specific consent.
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as: “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
Who we share your data with
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Alder King in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Alder King’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party, we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How we use the personal data we collect about you
Alder King will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Alder King is required to retain certain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
When we will contact you
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
How you can find out what personal data we hold about you
Alder King will confirm, at your request, what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Alder King does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Alder King or a third party, information about those interests
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information
- How long the data will be stored. Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing
What you will need to provide in order to access your information
Personal data subject access requests will be accepted by Alder King with the following forms of ID:- passport, driving licence, national identity card, a recent letter or bill from a utility company (within the last 3 months) as proof of address.
However, should you have any questions that haven’t been covered, please contact our Data Protection Officer who will be pleased to help you.
Email us at: DPO@alderking.com Or write to us at: Data Protection Officer, Alder King LLP, Pembroke House, 15 Pembroke Road, Clifton, Bristol BS8 3BA.
The Information Commissioner’s Office regulates the use of personal information in the UK and can be contacted via its website at: https://ico.org.uk , by telephone on 0303 123 1113 or by post at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
This notice was last updated on 02/08/2021
Alder King is committed to ensuring the content on this website is current and correct, however cannot be held responsible for any mistakes or omissions. You may not reproduce any part of this website without first obtaining written permission.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
This website is owned and controlled by Alder King LLP. Unless otherwise noted, all information on this website is protected by copyrights and trademarks, and is owned or licensed by Alder King LLP.