19th February 2016
We’re a Go Green 2016 Award Winner!
Alder King’s efforts to operate in a more environmentally sustainable manner were acknowledged last night when we won the Most Improved Travel & Transport category of the inaugural Go Green 2016 Awards.
The Go Green campaign is a collaboration between Business West and Low Carbon South West to encourage and support businesses in becoming greener.
The judges were impressed with our sustainable travel activities which included:
- the purchase of two new electric bikes for local viewings and appointments
- providing cycle proficiency training for over a third of our staff
- installation of new bike racks for staff and visitors
- actively promoting sustainable travel during Business Green Week, particularly on Better Travel Day with a complimentary breakfast for those who left their cars at home
- experienced cyclists running lunchtime Bike Clinics for those who hadn’t cycled for some time
- re-promoting our existing Cycle to Work scheme to all staff
- encouraging cycling as both a means of commuting and a hobby
- joining FirstBus’s corporate travel scheme to secure discounts for staff on monthly and annual bus passes
The judges also commended us for leading the way in our sector.
Over 70 organisations entered the five awards categories of Energy & Efficiency, Planning & Resilience, Sustainable Sourcing, Travel & Transport and Happy & Healthy. The Travel & Transport category was very hotly contested and we were absolutely delighted to win.