Graduate Planner, Bristol
We’re looking for a graduate planner to join our growing planning team. You’ll work on some of the most exciting projects across the UK.
About the Role
This is an excellent opportunity to begin your planning career. You will be working alongside experienced planning professionals in our Bristol office on some of the most exciting projects across the UK in sectors including residential, commercial, retail, mixed use regeneration, energy, healthcare and leisure.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- delivering a wide range of projects, assisting with planning applications and appeals
- researching and analysing planning policy
- preparing planning appraisals and strategy reports
- preparing and submitting applications on the Planning Portal
- monitoring and negotiating of applications post-submission and attending meetings
- preparing planning appeals
- preparing representations to emerging planning policy and local plans
We’re looking for someone with:
- a degree/higher qualification in a relevant subject
- a positive, hard-working attitude
- excellent communication, negotiation and inter-personal skills
- strong verbal and report writing skills
- a team player who enjoys responsibility
- computer literate
Reasons to apply
- Alder King punches well above its weight when it comes to the clients we represent. This means you’ll get to work with some of the UK’s leading companies. You’ll develop your professional skills and expand your professional networks.
- We’re growing, but we’re not so big that you’re just a number. Alder King has a family feel and the culture is friendly and collaborative.
- We enjoy a varied social life, ensuring that our working life is, well, not just work!
- Graduates will be supported in achieving their professional RTPI accreditation, with mentoring and training support via a designated buddy.
- Our head office is in a very desirable location, close to all the cafes, restaurants and other amenities of Clifton Village, the Triangle and Whiteladies Road.
We reward our staff with a varied package of benefits including:
- A competitive salary
- A satisfying bonus scheme, enabling you to share in our financial success
- Payment of professional subscriptions
- A contributory company pension scheme
- Minimum 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, each year, increasing with length of service
- Paid half-day volunteer day each year
- Other benefits including holiday purchase scheme and cycle to work scheme
Interested? Why not give us a try
If you’d like to discuss the opportunity first, feel free to pick up the phone to Tristan Hutton on 07770 703775 – or send him an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please email your CV to our HR manager Shirley Heavens.